Septum Piercings: Have you seen someone with a septum piercing on the go and wished you had one yourself? Or maybe you have decided that you would like more information before doing this for your next piercing. Our ten tips below will help you learn more about septum piercings and convince you to try this hot trend yourself.
What are septum piercings?
When piercing your septum, the jewelry passes through the septum in a thin area of tissue that divides the nostrils in the nose. Small hoops, horseshoes and clickers look stunning in this piercing. While this piercing has been popular in various countries for centuries, it has become a coveted piercing style in mainstream society in recent years. Many people, including more and more celebrities, choose to have their septum pierced.
Tips for septum piercings
Here are 10 things you should know about septum piercings before getting one:
- Septum rings are available in all different styles, from strong to delicate, easy to decorate, so that you can show your personal style.
- Most piercings say that septum piercing causes less pain than nostril piercing!
- The septum is not pierced through the cartilage, but through the thin piece of meat in front of it.
- When you contact an experienced piercing expert who works in a clean environment, you minimize the risk of infection with this procedure.
- Septum piercings can take six months to a year or more to heal completely. However, you can usually change the jewelry after a few weeks.
- Maintaining a septum piercing is an uncomplicated process for cleaning the area with our “Wash-It! Soap ”and the piercing with our“ Soak It! Sea salt ”and only touch the area when your hands are clean.
- When changing your septum ring, you can apply a small amount of jojoba oil or water to the surface so that the jewelry replacement is smooth.
- Some jewelry in septum piercings, such as For example, a horseshoe can be easily hidden by turning it upside down and gently pushing it into your nose.
- If you permanently remove your septum jewelry, the hole is not easily visible.
- Replacing your own septum jewelry is easy and once you get the hang of it, you usually don’t need any help changing the jewelry.
Stop at Almost Famous Body Piercing today if you’re ready to take the plunge and get a septum piercing, or if you’re looking for more information about our piercings. Our trained, professional staff will guide you through the process and assist you with your piercing aftercare needs.