Why Foreigners Choose India for Chronic Treatments?
The healthcare industry across the world has become extremely competitive. Previously, wealthy individuals from developing nations were traveling to developed nations to seek high-quality medical treatment. However, now the trend has changed. Today, patients from developed countries are coming in developing nations for chronic treatments; and India is one of the most preferred destinations.
India and Medical Tourism
Even though it takes several hours to fly down to India. Many patients prefer coming to India for medical treatments, especially for chronic medical problems. According to a report published by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and McKinsey & Co, the healthcare industry in India contributes 5% percent to the GDP. Medical tourism generates a revenue of about $30 billion!. This should give an inkling of how vast the healthcare industry in the country.
However, it has turned more than just giving basic medical treatment. The Indian healthcare industry has transformed into a service sector. That is now catering to the rising demands of foreign patients.
Reasons Why Foreigners Prefer India for Chronic Treatments
Out of all the medical tourism destinations in the world, India offers the best quality medical treatments and the lowest possible costs. For instance, in the U.S., cardiac surgery costs about $30,000 and the same surgery is offered by Apollo Hospital in Delhi for $4,000. However, there is more to why foreigners prefer India.
- English is widely spoken and understood among doctors, nurses and allied healthcare professionals.
- The majority of the hospitals, catering to foreign tourists is accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI), an organization that accredits hospitals in the U.S. that are part of the Medicare program. Furthermore, there are other hospitals that have gained accreditation by the International Standards Organization (ISO).
- Physicians and surgeons treating patients in hospitals have internationally recognized credentials. In fact, many of the doctors and specialists treating foreigners have received training from renowned medical schools and hospitals in the U.S., Europe, Canada and Australia.
- Most hospitals, catering to foreigners have the state-of-the-art medical equipment and diagnostics tools and also ensure their facilities meet international standards, thus ensuring world-class treatment at extremely affordable costs.
- Hospitals offering medical tourism have translators and interpreters on their staff to help non-English speaking patients and their families.
Reasons for Affordable Treatments
There are several reasons why Indian doctors, specialists, and hospitals can offer treatment at significantly lower prices compared to those abroad.
- Lower cost of labor
- Less or no involvement of third parties, such as government and insurance providers
- Hospitals don’t transfer the cost of charity care to patients who pay for their treatment and care
- Pricing for chronic treatments often is in the form of package pricing, thereby ensuring transparency. Patients know exactly what they are going to pay as the package pricing includes medical procedure and cost of treating any sort of complication.
Finding the Right Hospital
Most foreigners will have to rely on the Internet to find hospitals for their chronic condition. Rather than read multiple reviews and testimonies of other patients, there is an easy way to find the perfect hospital or doctor for your chronic health problem. Sehat.com is a wonderful re for foreign patients.
This search healthcare website allows you to find the right hospital and doctor using different search criteria – name, Specialty and/or location. The results are organic, ensuring you always get the best results for your search terms.
So, if you are still wondering why foreigners prefer India for chronic health problems, you know why – India offers top-notch healthcare facilities at extremely affordable prices. Now, it is time for you to use the wonderful res offered by sehat.com and find doctors and hospitals that are perfect for your healthcare needs.
To know more about Medical Tourism