Singapore, being one of the most advanced countries in Asia, has become a global center for all things modern and contemporary. Alongside Japan and South Korea, Singapore, is becoming a melting pot of people from around the world, all yearning to experience modern life at its best. However, still being a culture- and tradition-oriented country, Singapore is standing at a rather divided line between the youth enjoying tattoos and body art, and the older generations frowning upon this new trend.
The younger generations are experiencing a moment when it comes to tattooing. For decades tattoos have been associated with delinquency and rebellion. But as society progresses and moves away from nonsensical prejudice, more and more tattoo parlors are popping up around Singapore.
Unfortunately, the traditional taboos related to tattoos are still pretty common in Singapore. More than half of Singaporeans hide their tattoos and never talk about them, while the other half show off their tattoos but risk being ‘unemployable’ by the traditional companies. Nevertheless, the tattoo boom Singapore is experiencing is going strong and more and more young Singaporeans are jumping in on the tattoo trend.
So, if you’re in Singapore and you want to get a tattoo, you probably have a lot of questions. One of them is probably related to the tattoo cost. Therefore, in the following paragraphs we’ll talk about the approximate tattoo cost locals and foreigners can expect, as well as explore some of the best places to get tattooed while in Singapore. Let’s get started!
Tattooing in Singapore
How Much Does a Tattoo Cost?
The tattoo cost in Singapore is pretty similar to the tattoo cost in Western countries, like the USA. The more reputable a tattoo parlor is, or the more experienced/prominent a tattoo artist is, the more expensive the tattoo. This is pretty logical and expected.
Now, when we talk about the exact cost, we cannot provide exact numbers, but rather the approximate cost of a regular-sized tattoo. That is because prices vary, and they also often vary for locals and foreigners.
During our research, we have come across several tattoo parlors in Singapore offering a starting price for a tattoo as low as S$60. Now, this is of course for a smaller tattoo design. The tattoo cost is also the hourly rate for the tattoo artist. In some tattoo parlors, you can expect to pay up to S$200 for a smaller design. These are often the tattoo parlors located in highly visited and prominent areas of Singapore. They also employ some of the best tattoo artists in Singapore and from around the world, which additionally affects the tattoo cost or the hourly rate.
The tattoo cost for a medium to big tattoo design generally starts at S$200 and goes up to S$400. Of course, the tattoo cost is determined not only by the size of the tattoo, but also by the color, the design (whether it is custom or not), the intricacy of the tattoo, and so much more. So, if you want to save a buck but you still want a pretty visible tattoo, then you can always get a better deal by going for black & grey, simpler tattoo designs.
Where Should I Get My Tattoo Done In Singapore?
Now that you know the approximate cost of tattoos in Singapore, we can take a look at some of the best tattoo parlors in Singapore if you want to go for it and get tattooed;
- Inkvasion Tattoo Studio – located in the Far East Shopping Centre, the Inkvasion tattoo is one of the prime tattoo studios you have to check out. The studio offers a variety of different tattoo styles, all executed by a crew with years-long experience in the tattoo industry; these are some of the best tattoo artists you’ll encounter in Singapore. Make sure to check out their website and Instagram profile for a better insight.
- Ink By Finch Tattoo & Piercing Studio – this is another highly reputable tattoo parlor in Singapore located in the Peninsula Shopping Centre. This is a prime, highly professional studio where you can get a custom tattoo. The staff offers a variety of different tattoo styles, all executed by highly experienced and professional tattoo artists. The staff specializes in custom work, so make sure to check out their social media to get a better glimpse.
- C.K. Tattoo Singapore – if you’re looking to get a tattoo that is done in a traditional Japanese tattoo style, then you need to check out the tattoo artists Low Chuan Kai also known as C.K. He is one of the best tattoo artists in Singapore when it comes to Japanese-influenced tattoos. His work is impeccable and the composition of colors and line work will leave you breathless. To get a true grasp of his work makes sure to check out the C.K. Instagram profile.
What To Do In Case You Don’t Like Your Tattoo?
There is never a guarantee that you will like your tattoo once it is finished. You pay so much money only to regret getting tattooed, and now you need to find an effective way to get rid of it. Luckily, there are highly reputable tattoo removal clinics and studios that make your tattoo disappear in several sessions. Here are some of our recommendations;
- Drs. Chua & Partners – this established laser removal clinic is one of the best in Singapore. It utilizes picosecond laser technology, which can get rid of your tattoo in only 3 to 6 sessions. The staff ensures the laser removal procedure is pain-free, as they use highly efficient numbing creams to make the laser treatment pleasant and comfortable.
- The Aesthetics Centre – this is one of the best laser tattoo removal centers in Singapore. The clinic offers a variety of laser removal procedures alongside tattoo removal. The staff is highly professional and you are guaranteed an exceptional experience. Make sure to check out the clinic’s offer on the website, as well as in case you need more information for an in-person visit.
- Sozo Aesthetic Clinic – Sozo is one of the earliest laser removal clinics in Singapore to offer Lutronic’s PicoPlus, a multi-wavelength Picosecond laser. The clinic offers comprehensive laser treatments, including tattoo laser removal. If you’re looking for a high-end, highly professional laser removal clinic, this is the one you need to check out.
Tattoos in Singapore range in price, just like anywhere else. The cost of the tattoo is determined by numerous factors, which is something clients need to understand. Not every small tattoo costs the same; sure, the size of the tattoo indicates a lower cost, but as soon as you involve color and intricacy, as well as custom-created designs, the price of the tattoo skyrockets. So, bear this in mind before you go for a specific tattoo design, especially if you’re on a budget. Hopefully, our tattoo parlor recommendations will be helpful. We wish you good luck and happy tattooing!
Sharing is caring!